Contact Tracer - Job Description
Contact Tracer - COVID-19 Contact Tracing
(Remote Position – Chicago Land Area)
Help the Needy Organization has immediate openings for Contact Tracers to support state and local efforts to fight the COVID-19. High call-volume position. No travel required. This position will begin immediately. State of Illinois residency required.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation elsewhere.
The successful Contact Tracer will work remotely to conduct a virtual "needs check," and connect at-risk COVID-19 positive patients and people in quarantine to community resources.
• Call contacts of newly-diagnosed patients
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner
• Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM
• Provide contacts with approved information on state/local quarantine procedures, and, if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol (and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.)
• Contact Tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine, and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script, or provide information that is not included in the script.
• Contact tracers will be required to use their own telephone, computer and electronic equipment
• Maintain daily contact with the supervisor
• You must live in Chicago or suburb.
• " Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers " (ASTHO) completed by date of hire.
• Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
• Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
• College degree or equivalent required
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to speak, read, and write English
• Second or multiple languages a plus; but must know English (especially Spanish, Portuguese, French, Haitian-Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali)
• Critical thinking and sound judgement required
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
• Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection, and personal mobile device to use for this job. (A headset is preferred.)
• This position is full-time, but shifts may be flexible to ensure coverage between 8am to 8pm daily
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries, but we are reviewing and considering all applications in the order in which they are received.