BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPLICATION FORM
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of Help the Needy Organization Board of Directors. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and Board Member Responsibilities before you begin filling it out.
Please return the completed application to Help the Needy Organization by clicking the SUBMIT button located at the end of this form. If you have questions about this application by mail at: Chief Administrator, Cassie Lewis; Help the Needy Organization 15255 S. 94th Avenue, Orland Park IL 60462 or email at Clewis@helptheneedyorganization.com.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the administration office. Applications are used by the Board’s Nominating Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. All new directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves a minimum of one (1) three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve two (2) three-year terms
2. Attend a minimum of four (4) Chamber events each month (includes board meetings, committee
meetings and two Chamber events).
3. Attends the Full Board of Directors meetings which meet the 2nd Wednesday of every month
from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
4. Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Chamber committee work.
The WCC is a working board where each director chairs a committee.
5. Stays informed about committee matters, is prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments
on minutes and reports.
6. Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee members that contributes to consensus.
7. Participates in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
8. Participates in the advancement of the strategic plan of the Chamber
(download available online) including fundraising and member recruitment.
BOARD MEMBERS CONTINUOUSLY ADHEAR TO THE HTNO VALUES
City: _________________________________________State: ________________Zip: ____________________
Telephone: ____________________________ Email: _____________________________________________
Number of Years with Present Company: ____________________________________________________
Number of Years Lived or Worked in/with the Westlake Area: _____________________ ___________
Number of Active Years In the Westlake Chamber of Commerce: ___________________________
Chamber Participation: ____________________________________________________________________
Other Memberships, Achievements, etc: ____________________________________________________
Family Information: ______________________________________________________________________
BOARD CANDIDATE QUESTIONNAIRE
1. If selected, how do you feel you could contribute to the success of the Chamber?
2. Are you willing to give time, energy and resources to support the mission of the Westlake Chamber of Commerce?
3. Members stay connected to the Chamber through meeting attendance, committee work, membership events, e-mail and other Chamber communications. Do you have the time and resources to be an active Member of the Chamber Board?
4. Are you comfortable soliciting others for membership and funding? ______ If yes, describe any experience(s) in doing so:
5. What does leadership mean to you?
6. What do you believe are the two most significant issues or problems facing the Westlake Chamber?